Users can purchase various portable speakers from Sonos and home audio systems. Among the best portable speakers currently on the market is the Sonos Move. Everyone looking to buy a portable speaker or a home sound speaker will find something they like with One, Roam, and Move from Sonos. The Sonos voice assistant, which was recently released, can be used to give voice commands to the device, which also produces decent sound quality and is simple to use.
However, Sonos speakers occasionally need to be reset by users. But you might need to perform a device reset if you encounter problems. Like any other portable speaker system, the Sonos Move Speaker could face several issues. For example, the device could malfunction, or users might not be able to play music on it. Additionally, the user might be moving and require a new Wi-Fi connection for the Sonos speaker, or they might decide to sell the speaker. Users must reset their Sonos speakers in any of the suggested scenarios.
One of the best ways to fix the majority of problems users may encounter with the device is to turn off the Sonos Move and wait five minutes before turning it back on. You might need to factory reset your Sonos Move speaker if your issue cannot be resolved using the method mentioned above.
You should be aware that any data currently present on the system will be deleted if you choose to reset your wireless Sonos speakers. The data will then be impossible to restore. To use your Sonos wireless speaker with your selected device, you must see once more pair the two devices. Before resetting your product, ensure that your wireless speaker, whether a Sonos or another brand, is fully charged.
The company created the popular portable speaker system, Sonos Move. The Move and Roam portable speakers from Sono can be factory reset slightly differently. It’s due to the somewhat different button layouts on the Move and Roams apps. The factory reset procedure varies and is exclusive to every factory. Here’s how to reset the Move:
- The Sonos Move speaker must be turned on without plugging into a power source.
- The user must perform the second step to turn off the Sonos Move speaker, which requires holding the power button for at least five seconds.
- The pairing button, also known as the infinite icon, should then be pressed. Hold down the enduring icon when the speakers’ lights begin to flash amber and white.
- When the speakers’ lights change and begin flashing green, release your grip on the pairing button. Your Sonos Move speaker has now finished the process and returned to its factory default settings.
The Sonos Play:1 Factory Reset
The Sonos Play:1 can be factory reset using the same steps as the Play:3, Play:5, Connect, and Playbar. The steps to factory reset them are as follows:
- The user must first unplug the speaker system from the power source, just like most other Sonos speakers.
- The Play button, also known as the pause button, is on top of the Sonos Play 1 device. The user should hold the button down for around 5 seconds.
- While performing the procedure, don’t let go of the button. The gadget ought to start flashing white and amber. Don’t let go of the controller, in any case.
- Release the Play/Pause button as soon as the green flashing lights on the Sonos Play 1 speaker appear.
- All user data is deleted, and your Sonos Play 1 speaker is reset to its original factory settings.
The Sonos Roam Factory Reset
The Sonos Roam’s factory reset procedure differs slightly from the Move’s. Resetting the Roam is as follows:
- Similar to resetting a Sonos Move, the Sonos Roam speaker must first be turned on but unplugged from a power source.
- The user must hold the power button on the device for at least five seconds before moving on to the next step. The speaker will be turned off, just like the Move speaker.
- Then, using the buttons on the back of their Sonos Roam speaker, the user must lightly press and release the power button while pressing and holding the Play button.
- The user must keep holding down the Play button until they notice that the Sonos speaker’s light begins to flash amber and white rapidly, just like when the Move speaker is being reset.
- Hold the button, and don’t let go until the gadget blinks green. The factory default settings for your Sonos Roam speaker have been restored.
The Sonos One Factory Reset
This one is one of the most well-known methods for returning Sonos speakers to their original factory settings. It is due to the widespread use of restoring factory settings on a Sonos One to restore other Sonos products, particularly older devices.
The Sonos One device, as well as Sonos Five, Sonos Play 5, Sonos Playbase, Sonos One SL, and Sonos Sub, can be restored using the same procedure. The same steps are used by Sonos Beam, Sonos ARC, Sonos Port, and Amp. The Sonos One speaker system’s settings can be restored using the steps listed below in just a few seconds:
- Remove the Sonos One speaker from any power source and unplug it after disconnecting all connected devices.
- Following that, you must press the connection button. Reconnect the device to the power source while holding the button.
- Continue holding down the button, and you will see your Sonos One speaker’s lights briefly flashing amber and white.
- Continue holding the buttons until the light changes for a few more seconds and begins to blink green. Let go of the control at this point, and your device should now be restored to its factory settings.
Following a Sonos speaker system’s default setting reset, you should connect it to a power source and proceed as the user manual directs. Please ensure you carefully follow the instructions so the device works as it should.
Is it possible to use Sonos Move to play on my TV?
Yes, you can, but it’s more complicated than it seems. The Sonos Move can only be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth to your television.
Does Sonos Move function without Wi-Fi?
Without Wi-Fi, you cannot stream. The only Sonos speakers with Bluetooth built-in are the Sonos Move and Sonos Roam, which means they can’t operate without Wi-Fi.
How much time can the Sonos Move’s battery be used?
The Sonos Move battery can operate for up to 10 hours on a full charge, as promised by Sonos.
Could I leave my Sonos and Move outside?
When not in use, Move can be taken outside, but since it is not designed to withstand prolonged outdoor exposure, we advise keeping it indoors with the charging base.
Is Sonos Move water resistant?
The Sonos Move is water, sand, and dust resistant and has an IP56 rating. According to the company, it’s ideal for taking to the beach but a little too heavy to carry very far.
The Sonos Move has a well-balanced sound profile that makes it suitable for various audio content thanks to the Trueplsy room correction feature. It is an excellent all-around portable speaker. It has a hand for one-handed use wherever you go, is very well built, and supports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.